Eating out often ends with a slice of pizza, a fatty dinner or a portion of dough that we feel like walking past the confectionery exhibition every day. How do you make eating out healthy and not lose extra weight? Eating out can be healthy. It all depends on how much you eat and what you choose. Learn the rules on how to replace unhealthy meals eaten in the city for healthier options. Make a visit to https://meridianidhouses.com/ to have perfect details.
Replace unhealthy products with healthy versions
We often feel like ordering a delicious dish, but one of its ingredients does not suit us. It happens that a metal selected from the menu is quite healthy, but the lard or added sugar increases its caloric content. Remember, you don’t have to give up your favorite dishes completely, just replace them with healthier versions. Here are some easy ideas that you can try:
- Replace breaded meat, bacon and fatty sausages with healthier sources of protein, such as lean cuts of meat, legumes, skinless chicken or fish
- Replace fried foods with their baked or grilled versions
- If you fancy the addition of sauce or choose to dress for a salad, avoid sauces based on cream and cheese – choose tomato and vegetable sauces such as salsa
- While eating Asian or Indian cuisine, replace fried rice with plain cooked rice
- Replace French fries and creamy mashed potatoes with baked, boiled or steamed potatoes with skins
- Replace vegetables served with butter, oily dressings or mayonnaise for vegetables cooked by steaming or served raw without additives
- Replace alcohol, sweet juices or carbonated drinks with a glass of still or sparkling water if you fancy juice, you can dilute it with water
- Always order whole-grain versions of products if possible for breakfast instead of white bread, choose wholemeal bread
- Order salad or cooked vegetables for every second course
- Order fruit for dessert
How can restaurateurs help keep your line?
More and more restaurants are putting the energy value of prepared meals on the menu or on websites. Therefore, before going out with friends, find out if the place you are going to is doing the same. Even if you don’t lose weight, it’s worth checking which dishes are calorie bombs and which you can eat in large quantities.
Healthy tips when eating out
When eating out, we don’t always have an influence on the composition of the chosen meal. However, there are several ways you can eat healthier:
- Do not add ready meals
- Reduce the caloric content of a meal by ordering a salad or steamed vegetables
- Ask for sauces to be served separately, thanks to which you decide about the amount eaten
- Avoid large or too large portions
- Avoid snacks on bread and so-called starters served before the main meal – they are often clogs that do not bring anything other than unnecessary calories
Do not order too much being in a restaurant we often face so many dishes that it is hard to decide what to order, as a result we order more than we are able to eat, and then not wanting to throw away food, we overeat. Remember you can always order more if needed.